values & company culture
Our goal is to build a different type of company that’s not only focused on the bottom line, but also the happiness of our readers and our team. Personal growth is prioritized over profit.
- We trust each other to get the work done (no micromanagement).
- We choose to be where we are the happiest and most productive.
- We love traveling & learning new things.
- We aim to be fully engaged in our work and activities and fully disconnected when we’re not working.
- We strive to exemplify a growth mindset and believe that any skill or talent can be learned through deliberate practice.
- We are biased towards action and have a higher expectation of ourselves and our websites than others have of us.
- We strive to never delay an important task for tomorrow if it can be done today.
- We desire to be better tomorrow than today, knowing that improvement can be found in small changes.
- We approach things in a positive way while realizing all emotions are valid.
- We assume the best of others because we may lack full context.
- We believe that honest, constructive criticism is an opportunity to grow.
- We recognize that a lot of value come from long-term efforts. Not just short-term.
- We strive to create useful and inspiring content that will perform well over the long-term. Not just until the next Google algorithm update catches up.
- What do you do when no one else is looking? Our teams act with integrity and honesty and focus on putting ourselves in the shoes of our readers and partners.
Last updated: 14 December 2020
We’re a fully remote team consisting of people from all over the world. It’s very exciting because it gives us different perspectives and ways of thinking, which enables us to find creative, out-of-the-box solutions to obstacles in front of us.
Trust & autonomy
At Pangolia, there’s a lot of trust in teams and individuals. We despise micromanagement.
We recognize that we haven’t got everything figured out yet, which is why everyone is encouraged to try new things. We know that failures and learning from them is a crucial part of innovation.
Freedom and flexibility to work from where we want
We all have the freedom to work from wherever we want, and most of us have the flexibility to work when we are in our most productive state.
Have to pick up the kids early this Thursday? Not a problem.
Hard-working (but with respect for weekends and time off)
Becoming the most helpful pet company in the world is very hard work. We’re moving fast and always starting a lot of new initiatives.
For us, being a fast-paced, hardworking team allows us to learn valuable skills quickly while working with cutting-edge innovation. Things that we think make work exciting.
You’re not obligated to work on weekends, and we encourage each other to remember to take time off from work.
Working at Pangolia is not like working at your average company. We work hard, but we also benefit from the fruits of our labor.
Positive and supportive environment
We have a positive and supportive environment where there is an understanding of our cultural differences.
Pangolia is a mission-focused company. Everything we do is focused on helping pets and their owners live better lives all over the world.
Lean in our operations
We know that one of our core competitive strengths lies in being lean, and able to move fast.
We dread bureaucratic and overcomplicated processes that don’t help us progress on our mission.
A lot of us are also frequent travelers, and while we are a remote team, we are planning to do a remote company retreat in the future! ✈️